Cash Management System is an integral part of corporate baking today. Cash is the lifeline of any business. Thus, successful business is ultimately about managing cash better. But the difficulty for any commercial enterprise is that its core competency is not managing cash but running business. It is here that the banks are keen to chip in and provide 'Cash Management Services' to efficiently manage cash on behalf of their corporate clients.
Cash Management Services (CMS) is a mechanism to efficiently manage cash flow in order to reduce risks, minimize costs and maximize profits. Generally Cash Management comprises integrated collection, payments, liquidity management, and receivables functions. Speedy collection of outstation instruments is one of the major products under CMS.
The services offered as a part of Cash Management services are:
- Collection Products
- Cheque Collections
- Cash Collections
- Payment Products
- Issue of Bulk Demand Drafts/ Pay orders
- Issue cheques on behalf of Banks Customers
- Payment of dividend warrants/ interest warrants/ refund order/redemption payments/brokerage payments
- Liquidity Management
- Cash Concentration
As it happens with most things in the banking industry today, CMS is the creation of technology. In its present format, CMS is impossible to conceive and offer SANS technology. In fact, a dissection of the CMS offerings in the banking industry would show us that it is only banks that are aggressive on the technology front that can get the bigger pie of the business.
- Provide support for the central disbursement and collections solution for the banks corporate customer.
- Provide Integration with multiple systems (Core Banking, internal alert mechanisms, etc.)
- Provide support for anywhere cheque printing facility.
- Fund transfer.
- Support for RTGS & NEFT transactions.
- Provide integration solution with multiple ERP system and multiple file format support.