Gartner defines the “Total Experience” (TX) trend as combining the customer experience, employee experience and user experience to transform a business outcome. The goal is to improve the overall experience where all of these pieces intersect—from technology to employees to customers and users. These interactions enable organizations to deploy the most impactful new-age communication solutions.
TX has been pegged as one of the top technology trends to watch in 2021 that will transform the overall experience of whoever interacts with the business – be it employees, customers or their end-users.
The key components of TX:
- User Experience – It refers to the design, usability and functionality of a product or service
- Customer Experience – This comprises of the overall look, feel and quality of customers interaction with an enterprise at every touchpoint across their journey
- Employee Experience – This includes the overall look, feel and quality of employees interactions with their company at every point across their tenure with the company – right from recruitment to exit
Integration of the above mentioned key components enable organization to develop Unified Communication (UC) channel. UC enables organization to control communications from a centralized platform, streamlining processes both in real-time (instant messaging, conference calls, call screening etc.) and non-real-time communications (e.g. email). Through reforming communications and utilizing one system, communication capacities can be greatly increased and made more efficient. Instead of having multiple systems to conduct various services, UC aims to integrate all communications under one.
Advantage of Unified Communication:
- Productivity – UC improves productivity as users can share and access data from a centralized location, collaborate on documents in real-time and hold audio and video conferences with multiple team members at a time.
- Business agility & expansion – It empowers business agility and expansion by enabling them to adapt and respond to the changing requirements of the industry and gain competitive edge.
- Flexibility – It allows for greater flexibility by enabling employees to work remotely and collaborate and communicate in real-time.
- Cost Efficiency – It leads to cost efficiency by cutting down wastage of resources and reducing the maintenance costs.
- Work Culture – It promotes positive cultural change throughout the organization as all employees have a shared responsibility to make the Unified Communications programme successful.
In conclusion, total experience transforms the way an organization interacts with its external as well as internal stakeholders, thereby reinventing experience. It reduces the drag, cost, and redundancy in serving these groups and unleashes improvements across functions and operations.