Are you getting the new job jitters? Even though it’s really exciting to be beginning a new phase of your career, it can also be stressful and a little scary to start a new job. One can have several thoughts in mind – will I make a good impression? Will I fit in and be accepted by co-workers? etc. Don’t worry, we’ll help you combat these issues.
Catch Dhanashree Mundada, Soft Skills Trainer at Clover Infotech, sharing 5 key DO’s and DONT’s to create a good first impression in the corporate world…
5 THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER DO ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF WORK
- Tip #1 Don’t dress unprofessionally
- Tip #2 Don’t show up too late or too early
- Tip #3 Don’t complain about your former employer or co-workers
- Tip #4 Don’t be afraid to ask for help or ignore offers of help
- Tip #5 Don’t keep checking your watch or phone
5 THINGS YOU SHOULD DO ON YOUR FIRST DAY AT WORK
- Tip #1 Prepare an introduction
- Tip #2 Put your phone on silent mode
- Tip #3 Carry important documents
- Tip #4 Pay attention to your body language
- Tip #5 Be yourself!
ALSO READ: 10 Winning Tips for Effective Business Communication and Email Etiquette https://www.cloverinfotech.com/blog/10-winning-tips-for-effective-business-communication-and-email-etiquette/
Every workplace has a different pace, and a different way of doing things. The above-mentioned generic pointers can help you to a great extent. So, all the very best for your professional journey!
Do subscribe to our YouTube channel for more such informative content https://www.youtube.com/user/CloverInfotech