Does it sound too complicated? What we want to convey is very simple though. If your mobile or laptop starts running a bit slow or doesn’t perform as per your expectation, what would you do?
- Simply replace it with a new laptop/ phone
- Try to identify issues, address them and enhance the performance of the devices.
I am sure most of you would opt for option 2. This helps you to save on upfront capital investments and enhance the value and return on the investments already made by you in the current mobile phone or laptop.
Let’s extend this analogy to an organization with thousands of laptops, mobile phones, applications, servers, and another IT equipment. Imagine the cumulative power of small enhancements to the overall IT health, business metrics and performance, operational efficiency and the bottom line.
Performance optimization and performance tuning services, if looked at in the apt perspective, will play a stellar role in enabling companies to get the maximum value from their technology investments.
How does it work?
Have you felt the need for a certain software application in your organization to work fast? Imagine if your customer is dealing with one of your products through an internet connection and experiences slow and interrupted service? While there is an obvious measurable business loss, if such incidents occur consistently, it can damage the reputation of the brand and drive away customers. And, that is the last thing a company would want.
So, now you know that timely performance tuning of your applications and infrastructure is important and critical. Let’s understand how performance tuning teams operate:
Imagine your software application is working at very slow speeds and hampers business growth. You try and invite performance tuning experts. They would do the following:
- Study the current system and the reasons for speed and execution issues
- Propose a solution with a commitment to improve the performance by a mutually agreed percentage.
- Implement it and ensure that the system performance is much better than it used to be.
- This would enable business efficiency, performance and eventually the top line to go up while also delighting the customers
Performance Tuning improves the performance of software applications and underlying infrastructure by doing the following:
- Server Tuning: This checks the issues in the server that hosts the applications and optimizes its efficiency
- Database Tuning: The database on which the applications reside is studied and contentions like data lock, latch and wait events are eliminated
- Code optimization: It improves the code to rationalize the loops and to enable execution of code outside the loop
- Caching Strategy: Improves performance by retaining frequently used information in high-speed memory.
- Load Balancing: It uses the available system bandwidth to balance the load created due to service requests. This helps in enhancement of performance with respect to the execution of service requests.
We would like you to have a quick glance at the other Performance Tuning techniques as well.
With performance tuning services, you can do the following:
- Reduce capital investment on new software applications, databases, servers etc.
- Enhance the performance of existing applications and underlying IT infrastructure
- Augment customer experience when they interact with your product through their web/ mobile interfaces
- Enhance the performance of your business applications thereby creating seamlessness in your company’s operations
- Improve business efficiency, customer satisfaction, revenues and the bottom line in the process.
Are your software applications and IT infrastructure performing optimally? Are you getting significant return and value on your IT investments?
Let’s discuss to find out more. Do reach out to us at email@example.com with your questions.