The global Managed Services market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period, to reach USD 354.8 billion by 2026 from USD 242.9 billion in 2021- MarketsAndMarkets
The term Managed Services refers to the practice of outsourcing business administration and management responsibilities to a third party. Although the definition isn’t specific to IT, managed IT services is the most commonly referred to as a type of managed service. In this article, let’s learn more about managed IT services and its benefits.
What is Managed IT Services?
Managed IT services allow businesses to outsource their IT operations to a specialist third-party firm with expertise in conducting these responsibilities. In a managed service arrangement, the managed service provider retains responsibility for the functionality of the IT service and equipment, and the customer typically pays a monthly fee for receipt of the service. The remote monitoring and management of servers, desktops, and mobile devices are common types of managed IT services. However, with the advent of cloud computing, managed IT services have also evolved to include cloud services. The service providers can help the organization to manage and market infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and software as a service (SaaS) along with a partner.
Why your business should opt for managed IT services?
In today’s challenging business environment, no organization can really afford the risk and unpredictability that comes with depending on break-fix maintenance. Businesses are extremely dependent on having a reliable IT system. This is when managed IT services come in picture. By engaging with managed IT services, organizations can improve efficiency. Managed IT services allow you to stay focused on expanding your business’ core competencies, while a managed services vendor can help you with day-to-day tasks.
8 Benefits of the managed IT services model:
- Cost Effective: One of the major reasons why companies choose managed IT services is because it’s much more cost-effective than hiring permanent staff. It helps companies to reduce operational costs, decrease their overall capital budgets, lower hosting costs, and overall IT operating costs.
- Increased Productivity: Outsourcing to a managed IT services firm provides your staff with a dedicated help line to call when they have IT issues. In turn, this allows your IT staff to focus on the tasks that they were hired to perform. Moving to a dynamic approach by dealing with tasks, projects, and planning will allow you to make progress, which is measurably bringing you closer and closer to your goals.
- Security: Managed service providers help to mitigate the constant cybersecurity threats. When advanced security protections are needed it’s important to partner with a provider that can provide you advanced security solutions. They also assist your staff in recognizing and avoiding the latest threats aimed at them, thus further decreasing the risk of a security breach.
- 24/7 Service: 24/7 service ensures your IT systems are running properly all the time. No matter how big or small the problem, you could consult the managed IT services anytime point of time for a solution. Managed IT services use remote monitoring technology to keep an eye on your systems day and night.
- Stay Focused on Your Core Business: As your business expands, IT needs grows too. Businesses have limited resources, so IT team might fail to respond some of your break-fix maintenance needs, while simultaneously focusing on the core objective of the business. To overcome this issue, managed IT firm can help your company to stay focused on your core business and not get distracted by complex IT decisions.
- Expertise: By selecting managed services provider, you gain access to specialized skills. Sometimes, you will only need this skill once, so save the expense of training your staff for skills they will never use. Switching to a Managed IT provider reduces infrastructure costs in a number of ways. When a Managed IT provider takes control of your infrastructure, you can downsize the amount of infrastructure you have on-site by using their data centers. Overall, managed services make it easier for you to expand, update, and employ the latest technologies.
- Simplify Regulatory Compliance: Businesses of all sizes struggle to ensure their technology complies with the latest regulations. Managed service providers will help you to take care of your compliance exposure, analyze your network for compliance gaps, and deploy the right controls to ensure that you’re well within the required tolerances.
- Improve Backup and Disaster Recovery: When disaster strikes, no matter if it’s caused by human error, technical mistakes, or a cyberattack, your data is at risk. MSP ensures that important production data is backed up to a safe location. You can use those backups to restore business operations as quickly as possible
Now, are you ready to choose a managed IT services provider for your business?
Here at Clover Infotech, we’re dedicated to helping businesses like yours to achieve organizational goals and embrace digital transformation.
Get in touch with us today at email@example.com